Review: Rimmel Lipsticks

Sunday, 3 August 2014


In the last few weeks I bought three Rimmel lipsticks. The Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick number 107, the Lasting Finish Lipstick number 058, Drop of Sherry and the Lasting Finish number 006, Pink Blush. The 107 is a matte deep red colour, the 058 is a shimmery red/orange colour and the 006 is a very light but quite intense pink. 



Left: 107. Middle: 058. Right: 006.

I really like Rimmel's packages. They look very classy and not cheap at all, even though they are plastic and the lipsticks are definitely not expensive (here in the Netherlands they cost €9,99, in France, where I bought the 058 and the 006, they cost only €6,99).


The lipsticks are super pigmented. You really have to make sure the colour doesn't get too heavy on your lips, instead of not seeing a thing of the colour the actual lipstick has. The colour last for a very long time. After about 6 to 8 hours it starts to fade, but I think that's quite normal. 

By Kate, 107

I find this a beautiful red colour, very suitable for autumn/winter (I know it's only August, but I'm just very excited for the autumn to start. I'm weird, I know). It has a kind of purple undertone, which makes your teeth look whiter (always a plus) and which is just really pretty. What I find a little bit scary about this colour, is that it is so deep. If you are not used to wearing striking lipsticks, it can be a little bit too much. I personally don't feel very comfortable wearing this on the streets, but I'm gonna do my best to change that and rock this colour in autumn :).

Drop of Sherry, 058

This is my favourite Rimmel purchase. I think the colour really suits my skintone and freckles. Since I've bought it, it has been my every day lipstick and know I'll keep using it for a very long time :).

Pink Blush, 006

Sorry for the weird light! I had to take another picture with this colour, and it got a lot darker outside in the interim.
For some reason I immidiately wanted this colour when i saw it in a French supermarket (how weird, French supermarkets sell make-up). But, when I put it on my lips I was very dissapointed. This colour is too strong to be a pretty pink, it really makes me look fake. That's the only word I can describe it with. I think this colour would be pretty on women with a darker skin, but for me this definitely was a bad buy. Alas!

I hope this review helped you in some way. Do you like Rimmel lipsticks? What colours do you own? Let me know!

♥, Annemarie



                               



4 comments

  1. Hiiii! I've nominated you for the Liebster award - check out the details here :) http://awinterdaze.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that drop of sherry color it's so gorgeous! I always buy bright lipstick but then get too scared to wear it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and gorgeous shades! My favourite is number 16 from Kate Moss collection

    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? I always follow back :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.