Books to read this Autumn/Winter

Wednesday, 24 September 2014



“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.” 


― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons






I've always been a huge fan of reading. I remember from when I was really young I stayed up reading all night and only turned off the lights when my parents came upstairs to go to bed. In high school I had to read a lot of  required literature, which I didn't enjoy at all. I prefer to read books that are easy to follow and that make it easy to dream away over books where you have to keep paying attention all the time because you otherwise won't have a clue where the book is about. Therefore I've hardly been reading in the past six years. 
Not too long ago I was at a bookstore in Amsterdam and I immidiately felt an urge to buy every book in the store and to lock myself in my room for a couple of months to read all of them.
Luckily I didn't do that, but I searched a lot on the internet for books I really wanted to read. I orderded six and I can't wait to read this books in the upcoming months. Delightful with a nice cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate underneath a blanket, in a little cafe or on the train. 


Looking For Alaska | John Green

I've got some big expectations of this book, since The Fault in Our Stars was one of the most touching books I've ever read. I really like John Green's writing style, and I hope this book will carry me away just as much as TFIOS did. 







IT | Alexa Chung

I really have no idea whether I'm going to like this book or not. By all means I love to scroll through the pages, because they are filled with photographs and drawings. It almost looks like a paper version of tumblr (and I'm a real tumblraholic). I've seen this book pass by a lot on the internet, so I decided it was worth it to give it a go.










The Perks of Being a Wallflower | Stephen Chbosky

I remember seeing this film a few years ago, but I can't exactly remember how it ended. The only thing I remember is that I had to cry and that I recognized myself a bit in the main character. Hopefully the book will still suprise me, despite I've already seen the film (I should've read the book first like a good kid...).




To Kill a Mockingbird | Harper Lee

This book was first published in 1960. I've never read it before, but when I saw this new edition I decided I really wanted to read it (maybe I kind of judged the book by its cover, but in a good way ;)).






It's Kind of a Funny Story | Ned Vizzini

I had never heard of this book before, but when I read a short summary I immidiately knew I would like this. I find books about mental disorders quite interesting to read, because I really want to understand what people suffering from one are feeling like (I guess that's the psychologist in me).






If I Stay | Gayle Forman

The film based upon this novel is in theatres right now, but this time I did want to read the book first! I knowingly haven't even watched the trailer and I don't even now who are playing in the film, because I wanted to visualize the characters in my head. I'm very exited to read this one!






Have you read any of this books? And are there some other books that you can recommend me?


♥, Annemarie

9 comments

  1. Such a nice post! Lovely photos too, and that hot chocolate looks goooood! Abi
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haha I can tell you it was good! xxx

      Delete
  2. I've read It, it's kind of a funny story, looking for Alaska and the perks. Looking for Alaska was so good and the perks was just as good as the film. What a great reading list! If you like those you may like Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell! I highly recommend it!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm gonna write it on my 'books to read' list! Glad you liked them, now I'm looking forward to reading them even more! :).

      xx

      Delete
  3. This is literally my dream reading list, I've read all of these books with the only exception being Looking For Alaska which is currently on my wish list anyway! The Perks of Being a Wallflower will always be a favourite of mine. Great post :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them!! Can't wait to read them all! :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I really want It by Alexa Chung, heard good things about it! x

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read Looking for Alaska and The Perks of being a wallflower and I absolutely loved them! The rest are all on my list as I love reading too! I just have to buy them!

    We'd be delighted if you checked out our blog and maybe we could follow each other if you'd like?

    xx

    http://robberscorner.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. I just finished If I Stay and, let me tell you, it was amazing. You will not be disappointed!!! Awesome list by the way!!! You take great pictures!!! :)

    anotherserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.