My Healthy Favourites

Thursday, 8 January 2015


One of my New Year’s Resolutions (and of ¾ of all human beings) is to eat healthier. I’m not the worst unhealthy eater, but there’s always room for improvement. Yesterday I went to the local grocery store with my mum and bought lots of fruits and vegetables. When we got home, I immediately made us a delicious smoothie. For lunch I made us a delicious avocado toast with egg on top of it. Because this two easy recipes are my absolute favourites, I thought I would show you how I made them. 



Blueberry smoothie
For two glasses of the smoothie you will need one banana, three oranges and a handful of blueberries. I used frozen blueberries, because the normal ones are crazy expensive in winter. These taste just as good. If you like you can add some ice cubes. 
Making the smoothie obviously isn't that hard. You squeeze the oranges, cut the banana and throw it all in you blender. I use the Princess Personal Blender, which I really like. It easily blends ice cubes (which made my old blender die) and it has the perfect size (600 ml).


And voilá! Jummm.


Avocado-egg toast
This is also really easy to make. You need an avocado (one avocado is enough for about three slices of bread), an egg, pepper, salt and if you like capers.
The avocado is as soft as butter, so with a fork you can easily transfer it into a spreadable consistancy. The egg you just bake in a pan (my eggs are a little bit failed, because we didn't have the right butter). In the meantime you can put your slices of bread in the toaster.

When everything's done, you can spread the avocado unto your toast. Then you can put some capers one it if you like to. Above that goes the egg, and to give it a little bit of extra taste some pepper and salt. A delicious, filling, healthy lunch!

Tip: after one sandwich you've definitely had enough of this, so don't immediately spread two toasts with avocado (one of them will probably end up in the bin) ;).


  

 What are your favourite healthy recipes?

♥, Annemarie

2 comments

  1. Wow so colourful, great photos and inspiration to be healthier! Abi :)
    MyW0rldMyView

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smoothie looks so yummy!

    http://emiladetheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.