A new way to capture

Tuesday, 10 March 2015


A few weeks ago my granddad and I were talking about photography. He told me he found it amazing that you can fit thousands of photos on a memory card, while formerly you could only take 36 photos on a photo film. I said that I would actually really like that, because you really have to think about the moments you find worth capturing. He asked me if I would like to have his analogue SLR. I obviously didn't have to think twice about that question! I honestly didn't even know he had such a cool camera, probably because, to his own words, he had been lying in a drawer for over 10 years. But now it's in my possession and it's going to be used more than ever! My granddad even bought me new films and ordered special batteries that go inside of the camera, how sweet!

Next week, after my classes, I'm going take the train to Amsterdam and experiment lots with my new love. When I have my first film developed, I will doubtlessly share the results with you!

♥, Annemarie

3 comments

  1. Oh my you are so right! Capturing the right moments is what matters.
    The fact that your grandad kept the camera is also kind of beautiful. Now you always have a piece of him with you :)

    Ella,
    http://kaleidoscope-of-heartbeats.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When I gave it to me and passionately explained how it all worked, I knew I would always remember that moment. It's such a valuable object to me. :)

      xxx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.