A Wooden Watch

Wednesday, 13 May 2015



I love watches. My granddad is a clockmaker and my dad and my brothers also have a growing collection of watches, so it's probably in my DNA. So when I received an email from a brand called JORD a couple of weeks ago, my heart started to beat a little faster.


JORD is a brand that makes watches from wood. I had never seen anything like it before, but I think it's really cool. It's something totally different than the standard metalic or leather wristbands. The watch you can see on this photos, is part of the Cora Series. This watch, the Koa & Rose Gold is my absolute favourite. Some watches of the brand look a bit 'rough' in my opinion, but this watch has a very feminine look because of the rose gold details and the Swarovski crystals. The watch is made from Koa wood, which I think is one of the most beautiful types of wood the brand uses, because of the pretty colour tones. 
What I find particularly special about this watch, is that it's automatic. Through the back made out of glass you can see the clockwork and you can see exactly how the watch works. For me that's something completely new, because all my other watches work on batteries.
The watch is very suitable to wear during the daytime. Because of the material it doesn't get damaged very easily and the watch is also splash-proof.

JORD ships to Europe without any problems. I received my watch within 7 days. It was packaged well in a beautiful wooden box. I'm a fan of this watches! They would make a great present for someone else or just for yourself. If you want to take a look on JORD's website, click here!






"Our style is guided by a deep appreciation for natural elements and modern design. Wood is not just a component of our watches, it is the main feature. The intricacy and multiplicity of the woods we utilize in our designs insure that each watch is as distinctive as the owner."

What do you think of this watch?
Wat vind jij van dit horloge?

♥, Annemarie

2 comments

  1. This is so beautiful, I love it! x

    www.thestylishcupcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw inderdaad mooi horloge zeg! En wat een mooie foto's weer :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.