Long Car Journey Essentials

Thursday, 23 July 2015


Hey everyone,

I've seen many articles and videos about in-haul flight essentials, but I know not everyone goes on holiday by plane. I'm actually going to the French alps with my parents and my brothers tomorrow by car, which is about a 1000 km drive. Our back seat is not particularly spacious, so I can only keep a minimum number of things with me during the ride. These are my essentials - the things I need to have with me on the road.


Personal care
I won't keep any of my makeup within reach, because I don't see the point of it. I will take some micellar water and cotton pads to refresh my face once in a while. Because my face quickly starts to feel dehydrated, I also take my favourite moisturizer within reach, which is the Origins GinZing Enery Boosting Moisturizer. Lip balm and deodorant are also two of my essentials. 


Music and earplugs
I made Spotify playlists with all of my favourite songs on it and I dug my old iPhone Touch out of one of my drawers. I like to alternate between in-ears and headphones, so I'm taking both. Another thing I wouldn't go on a long trip without are earplugs. These are from a brand called pluggerz and I really love them. They are made especially to sleep with and they are very comfortable. 


Gum, wipes and ibuprofen
These essentials speak for themselves I think. Toilets at French petrol stations are the worst, so hand wipes definitely are essential. Gum and ibuprofen are things I always have with me.


Sunglasses and purse
Of course I'm taking my purse with me with my ID and things like that. I also take a lot of coins with me, because a lot of petrol stations only have coffee machines.


Hairbands and brush
When I'm in a car for a long time my hair always starts to frustrate me. Therefore a brush and some hairbands are essential.


Books and magazines
The most important things on a long car journey are probably things to keep yourself entertained. When we were younger me and my brothers used to play Mario Bros on our nintendos until we were too tired to look at our screens, but nowadays I normally keep myself entertained with music, books and magazines. I bought The Girl on the Train a few days ago and I really had to stop myself from reading in it. I hope the going-with-the-hype thing will be worth it! I also need to take a note book with me. I don't know about you, but I come up with the best ideas when I'm in a place where I can't do anything with those ideas. I always write those things down.  



The bag I'm keeping all of these things in (except for the magazines, because they are too big) is this backpack from Boohoo. This bag is perfect because it's really compact and small and because it has a lot of small pockets. 



Will you be going on holiday by car? What are your number one essentials?

♥, Annemarie

4 comments

  1. This is so great! As you said is not very usual to see posts about long car journeys and I'm actually going on holiday this saturday and we're going by car! I can't take books or magazines because I feel sick when I read while in a car! I'll take music and some games on my phone! I take ibuprofen with me everywhere, you never know when yo're going to need it! Great post xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also didn't get to read that much in the end because it made me feel really sick. Instead I listened to music all the time and catched up on sleep. I'm glad you liked this article! xx Annemarie

      Delete
  2. This is a great post, super helpful. But ugh long car rides are the worst. Like nope. No thanks.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hate them too! But flying with 3 children has never really been an option for my parents because it's so expensive. When I go away with friends I always go by plane! xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.