Autumn Beauty Essentials

Friday, 18 September 2015

Changes in the weather ask for changes in your beauty products. When autumn begins I love to change up my makeup looks. I tend to go for a darker lip, a bronze eye and warmer toned blushes in the autumn/winter months. 

These products are my absolute autumn essentials.


Blushes 




As I said, I love to go for warmer toned blushes in autumn. My absolute favourite blushes are the ones from Sleek. They are super affordable but the quality is amazing. The blushes are super pigmented so you only need the tiniest amount. I'll probably be wearing Rose gold (left), Flushed (middle) and the blush palette Lace (right) the most this autumn and winter. Rose gold is a very shimmery pink/orange colour. It's kind of a blush and highlighter in one. Flushed is a dark pink/red colour. It has got a tiny bit of shimmer in it, but nothing too much. From the pallet Lace I especially love the pink shimmery colour in the middle, called Guipure. The blush on the right, called Chantilly, is a colour I like but don't reach out for that often. I never wear the orange blush on the left, which is called crochet. I just don't think orange blushes suit me.


Lipsticks

Left to right: Max Factor Lip Elixir in Rosewood, Max Factor Lip Elixir in Raisin, Rimmel Lasting Finish in Cutting Edge, Rimmel by Kate in 01, Rimmel by Kate in 107, Revlon Lipbutter in Rasperry Pie, Clinique Butter Shine lipstick in Pink Goddess.

In autumn I like to go a bit bolder on the lips. One of my favourites is, of course, the Rimmel by Kate in 107, the ultimate blogger favourite. When I'm going to uni, I like to wear something that looks nice, but is also very moisturizing and is easy to touch up during the day. The Max Factor Lip Elixirs, the Revlon lipbutters and the Clinique butter shine lipsticks are perfect for this. 


Eyes


I'm quite boring when it comes to eyeshadow. I always always wear natural colours. In autumn I like to go for a bit more gold, copper and bronze shades. On a daily basis I like to wear the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze. For all my other eye looks I use the Zoeva Naturally Yours Palette. My eyeshadow collection could use an upgrade, but I think I'm gonna wait with that until my birthday on the 8th of November.


Nail polishes


I'm quite lazy when it comes to wearing nailpolish. I just think it takes so much time to apply it and then it only stays on nicely for 2 or 3 days. But this autumn I'm gonna try my best to wear autumnal colours as much as possible. I like to go for purple and deep red shades, or a pretty light grey shade like this one from Maybelline. 


Skincare


I think one of the most important things to change when autumn begins is your skincare. In summer I like to use very lightweight products, like the Clinique Moisture Surge, but in autumn I like to go for something a bit thicker like the Biodermal day and nightcream or the Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. The Origins GinZin moisturizer is quite lightweight, but I love it so much I want to keep using it. I just apply a little bit more than I would in the summer months. 


I love to use scrubs now and then. At the moment I'm really into the Dr. van der Hoog scrub cream. This is a brand you can only buy in the Netherlands I think. The face wash and scrub cream definetely are worth picking up when you're in my country. 
Also I love the Origins GinZing Scrub Cleanser to wake up my face in the morning. 

What are your autumn essentials? Do you think I've missed something?

♥, Annemarie

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.