Favourites of Summer 2015

Monday, 14 September 2015


Hey everyone!

I'm back after quite a long time of absence. The start of uni kind of kicked in. I always get a bit overwelmed by everything I need to do and it always makes me feel very stressed. But now that everything has gone back to normal it's time to start blogging again! 

Because we're almost at the second half of September (can you believe it?) I guess we can say summer is officially over. Not that I'm sad about it, because I am super excited for autumn and winter. September-December is without any doubt my favourite time of the year. Prepare for lots of blogposts with autumn in the title!

But for now, here's my last summer-related blogposts. Since I haven't done any monthly favourites over the past few months, I thought I would show you my summer favourites. These are my absolute favourite products and random things from the beginning of June until the end of August. 


Lip products



From left to right:
- Tanya Burr lipgloss in Picknick in the Park
I've been wearing this pink lipgloss a lot this summer. I normally am no big fan of lipgloss, because I always find them too sticky. This one, on the other hand, is not sticky at all. I really like the consistency. The colour is perfect for a fresh, dewy makeup look. And, also not unimportant, this lipgloss smells amazing.
- Bourjois Color Boost glossy finish lipstick in 01, Red Sunrise 
I bought this lipstick in mid-August, but I wish I had bought it sooner. It's such a beautiful bright summer colour. It's very hydrating but not too glossy. I love it! 
- Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in 827, Bewitching Coral
I've had this colour for years now, but I almost never reached out for it before. This summer I've been wearing it a lot. I fell in love with the consistency of the max factor lipsticks. They are so buttery but still very pigmented. This is a beautiful coral colour, perfect for the summer months. The only minus is the colour of the packaging. I'm not a big fan of the gold, but hey, you can't have everything. 
- Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick in 428, Pink Goddess
This lipstick is my favourite out of all four. It has been in my handbag the entire summer and it still hasn't left it. It's a beautiful colour, somewhere between red and pink, with a shimmer through it. I especially love this because of the formula. It's extremely buttery, not too pigmented (so perfect for a natural look), but it stays on your lips for hours and hours. 

Swatches: Tanya Burr Picnick in the Park - Bourjois Red Sunrise - Max Factor Bewitching Coral - Clinique Pink Goddess


Scent


Victoria's Secret Body Mist in Secret Charm
This has been my everyday scent this entire summer. For some reason I have almost completely stopped wearing perfume, because I find the scents too powerful and a bit overwhelming. This, however, is a very light scented body mist. You could spray this all over your body, but I like to just spray one or two sprays on my neck and wrists. I've tried more scents, but Secret Charm is my absolute favourite. 


Nail polishes


Rimmel Nail Polish in 873, Breakfast in Bed, 415, Instyle Coral and 430, Coralicious
I haven't been wearing nailpolish that often this summer, because I'm not allowed to wear any when I'm at work. When I was wearing it, it was one of these three. They are all from Rimmel. I really like the Rimmel nail polishes because they are super cheap but last a very long time. 

Blush/Bronzer


Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 14, Soft Pink and 03, Soft Copper
As I've said in another blogpost, the plastic packaging of this product is horrible. As you can see, the letters just come off so easily. I do really like the product inside though. I've been using both colours a lot during summer. 


Hair


Toni&Guy Sea Salt Spray
I've fallen back in love with the Toni&Guy sea salt spray. I've used other brands before, but the one from Toni&Guy is still the best. I love the volume it gives to my hair but most of all I love the scent. It basically smells like summer to me. 


Base


From left to right:
- Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory
I've been wearing this concealer every single day for the past couple of months. It's brightening and has good coverage. 
- Biodermal spf 50+ Sun Protector 
This is a suncream especially for your face. This is probably the reason why my face barely got a tan, but I rather protect myself from the sun well than have a nicely tanned face for two weeks. This sun cream is perfect because it's mattifying and has no oils in it. 
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent
An old favourite, but still one of my go to summer products. I've mentioned this many times before, and I still love it.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 100, Ivory
Also an old favourite. I feel like I'm getting quite repetitive, but when I like a products I just want to keep using it. This foundation is the one for me: it has a light coverage and makes your skin look dewy and fresh.


Eyeshadow


Maybelline Color Tattoos in Pink Gold and On and On Bronze
When it's hot outside, my eyeshadow tends to dissapear in 10 seconds. For that reason I need to wear something that lasts a lot longer. The color tattoos are perfect for this: they really stay on all day (I even have trouble getting them off with makeup remover at night). These two colours are my favourite. They both look beautiful on their own. I've been wearing them a lot this summer. 


Moisturizer


Origins GinZing Energy-boosting moisturizer
I've talked about this moisturizer in detail in this post. This is my second pot and I still love it. It's freshening, smells nice and is extremely hydrating. I haven't used any other moisturizer this summer. 


Books


I've been reading quite a lot this summer. These three books are my favourite. The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer is very touching and also really interesting for a psychology student like me. It's about a boy whose brother died when they were both very young and who develops a mental disorder when he's a teenager. It's not about fall as in autumn (that's what I though initially), but the book is absolutely great. The Girl on the Train by Paule Hawkins is the big bestseller of this summer, so you've probably heard about that one a million times already. If you like a good thriller, you will love this one. Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr is a book about miss Tanya Burr, someone who I've been loving for years. I will actually write a full review about this book, so keep an eye out for that!

Do you love these things just as much as I do? And what are your summer favourites?

♥, Annemarie

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.