December Beauty Essentials

Tuesday, 24 November 2015

There are Autumn/Winter essentials and there are December essentials. Those two are very, very different things. Even though I won't be going to any special party this month (I prefer the blankets and the good films), I do love to make myself look all christmassy. That means: sparkly makeup, glittery nails and a red lip!

Red lipstick


Clinique Pop in Berry Pop
I love the Clinique Pop collection! The range is so wide, there are basically enough colours to pick from for every time of the year. The colour berry pop is the perfect dark red for me. It reminds me a lot of Rimmel By Kate in 107, but this one is a lot more moisturizing. At the moment I can't wear the 107 because my lips are just too dry. The Clinique Pop lipsticks actually feel nice and soft on my lips, but have a great staying power as well. 


Bourjois Rouge Edition 12H in 34, Cherry my cherie
This beautiful red colour just screams Christmas to me. The formula of this Bourjois lipstick is also very nice and moisturizing. 



Highlighter & Blusher


Sleek Highlighting Palette - Precious metals
A Christmas party look isn't complete without a beautiful highlighter. I especially love this highlighting palette from Sleek. It has three creamy shades and one powder shade and is perfect for your cheekbones, Cupid's bow and for underneath the browbone. 


Sleek blush in 926, Rose gold
This subtle pink blush with a gold shimmer is also perfect for the festive season. It's a blush and and highlighter at the same time. I wear this on an everyday basis around this time of year. 


Eyeshadow & Eyeshadow primer




Urban Decay Naked Palette
With this palette you can basically create any kind of look. The colours that are perfect for around Christmas are sin, sidecar, half baked, smog and toasted (as swatched above). These eyeshadows are so incredibly pigmented. I am so happy I've finally got this palette in my possession! 


Urban Decay Primer Potion (original)
I've recently learned a good primer is essential if you want your eyeshadow to stay in place all day. I always used to wear a cheap primer and a few hours later my eyeshadow would have completely dissapeared. 

Inside the box of my Naked Palette there were four testers from the four different Primer Potions. I've moved the first one into this little Clinique pot, There's actually so much product inside! This amount will probably last me the whole month of December. And after I've used up all of the testers I'll definitely have to purchase the full size, because I already can't live without this. 


Eyeliner


L'Oréal Super Liner Perfect Slim Intense Black
If December isn't a time for winged liner, when is?! I really see December as a month in which it's a lot more acceptable to wear a bit more heavy makeup. This is my favourite eyeliner, because it's so easy to apply and stays on all day. I even struggle to remove this with my micellar water at night. 


Nail polishes


Left: Hema Special Effect Glitter in 75
Right: Hema Top Coat Glitter in 22
I love to wear a nail polish with glitter at this time of year. I especially like these two by Hema, a Dutch brand. Unfortunately they are very hard to remove, but they look beautiful on your nails. 



Maybelline Color Show in Downtown Red (left) and Winter baby (right)
These two nail polishes basically are my go to nail polishes in winter. I always switch up between the red and the grey colour. 


Perfume


Chanel Mademoiselle 

I feel like everyone has their scent that is a bit more special than all their other scents. For me, that's this Chanel perfume. I've had this perfume for over two years now, and I've still not finished it. I find it a bit too strong to wear on an everyday basis, so I really keep this perfume for parties and other special occassions. 


What are your December beauty essentials?
♥, Annemarie

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.