The Best Festive Hot Chocolate

Monday, 7 December 2015




One of my favourite things to make on a December evening is hot chocolate. I love to go all out: whipped cream, marshmallows, candy canes, everything. Not the most healthy, but definitely the most delicious winter drink! 
You will need cocoa powder, sugar, water, milk (around 200 ml per mug, depending on the size of your mug) and toppings of your choice. First, you add the cocoa and the sugar to your mug. I usually use two little spoons of cocoa powder and one little spoon of sugar. Then you add a little bit of hot water, just to make the cocoa and the sugar merge together. I really like to use my favourite new tool ever: my rose gold milk frother. This is optional, but it definitely gives the best hot chocolate. You whisk the milk for about 40 seconds and then put it in the microwave for about 40 seconds. Make sure you keep looking at the milk while it's in the microwave, because the milk rises very quickly (I once forgot my milk was in there, and it took me ages to clean the microwave). When your milk is hot, add the milk to the cocoa and sugar mixture whilst you keep stirring. Now it's time for toppings! I like to add whipped cream, marshmallows and a bit of cinnamon. Then add a candy cane and a festive straw, and you're ready for a cosy night in!












What is your favourite winter drink? 
♥, Annemarie

3 comments

  1. This sounds so good. Think I will have to give it a try tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.