The England Travel Diaries | Part 1: Londen

Wednesday, 22 June 2016



Just before leaving at Schiphol Airport

One week ago the holiday I'd been looking forward to for so long was finally there: Noortje and I where off to England! That afternoon I had my last exam at university and our airplane was delayed for 1.5 hours, but at half 10 we were finally sitting on the plane to England. We landed at Gatwick, because we were going to London first. An hour flight and a 83 pound taxi drive later we finally arrived at our hotel. We immediately went to bed after an exhausting day. 

Tower Bridge



Regent Street.

Sitting in the sun at Leicester square. This was such a nice little park! People were playing on their instruments and there was just a really nice vibe there. The sun was out and it felt so much like holiday.










  
The pictures above are from our first day in London. For me it was the first time in this city, Noortje had been there twice before. One day of walking around was enough for me to fall in love with this beautiful city. It really felt like a completely different world, even though it is so close to home. 



The second day in London we didn't see as much as the first day. Initially we wanted to go to the Natural History Museum, but because we accidentally took the bus in the wrong direction, we ended up at Oxford Street. Also really fun of course. We did some shopping, enjoyed the sun in many different parks and went to Shoreditch (a really popular neighbourhood) for dinner. I really liked this neighbourhood, the ambience on a friday night was so nice. I really recommend going to Shoreditch if you're ever in London!

A graffiti wall in Shoreditch


I enjoyed our days in London so much. Two days definitely wasn't enough. I really hope to come back to this city really soon!

♥, Annemarie

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.