Yankee Candle Votives

Tuesday, 6 September 2016


I love scented candles. It's one of my favourite things to walk into a Yankee Candle store and smell all the different candles. However, it's quite hard to get your hands on Yankee Candles here in the Netherlands. I knew they have a store in Amsterdam, inside Magna Plaza, but when I walked around Utrecht the other day I found another store that sells them. The store is called Aroma Plaza (it's the same store as in Amsterdam) and you can find it at the Lijnmarkt. Besides Yankee Candles, they also sell Woodwick candles, that are just as hard to get hold of in the Netherlands. If you love scented candles (and live in Holland) you really need to go to this store!


The Yankee Candle assortment is so varied, that I find it impossible to pick one or two candles that I'd like to have. I just want to try all of them! That's why I usually pick up lots of votives or tarts to try at home. When I really like a scent, I will go back to buy a bigger sized candle (a good reason to go on another trip to Amsterdam or Utrecht..!).

You can burn the votives in a small glass, and to burn the tarts you need a burner. I prefer the votives now, because with those you don't have to finish one candle to be able to burn another one. The votives cost 3 euros each, and you can buy four for 10 euros.


Season of peace
I think this scent is my favourite. It's a very wintery smell, but really fresh at the same time. The candle smells like white musk. The perfect candle to burn when it's snowing outside!

Lake Sunset
Lake Sunset is part of Yankee Candle's fresh scents. This scent is perfect for beautiful end-of-summer nights.

Moonlight
I'm also a big fan of this scent. It's also part of the fresh scents and it's a mixture of bamboo, woody tones and bergamot. This candle is also very appropriate for this time of year.



Autumn Night
It's quite obvious that there's an evening theme going on with the scents I went for this time... I think it's because I've really gotten more into fresh scents instead of spicy or very sweet scents. This candle is part of the autumn range and was released for the first time this year. The scent is a combination of different forest tones, lavender, bergamot and grapefruit. The scent makes me think of a man with a really nice, subtle aftershave. I will burn this candle on the first real nights of autumn.

Dreamy Summer Nights
This is the candle I burned in my room the past couple of nights (obviously I have to burn the candles around the time they are meant to according to the names). The scent consists of vanilla, heliotrope ( a mineral) with a woody undertone. 

I can't wait to go back to this store when they have all their Christmas scents in!

Do you love Yankee Candle as well? Which scents do I need to smell next time?

♥, Annemarie

2 comments

  1. Een geur die doet denken aan 'een man met een hele lekkere, subtiele aftershave'? Je maakt me nieuwsgierig! Gelukkig weet ik nu waar ze te koop zijn. Leuk artikel X -D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dank je wel! Hahah, ik vond het echt de beste manier om de geur te omschrijven. Ik zou zeggen: ruik en oordeel zelf!! En laat me weten als je het met me eens bent (of niet) ;). Xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Anne's little area. Design by Fearne.